My favorite semi-annual ‘holiday’ is upon us. Clearance Season, when the FedEx man is never far from the doorstep! Corrugated boxes filled with clearance merchandise rain from the skies! Ccollage and listing of purchased items listed below:
- Saks.com: See by Chloe flowered sundress, flowered top, bibb top, blue cut-out cardi, emerald oversized cardi, slouchy cross body bag; Tory Burch dark wash trouser jean (question though, are trouser jeans still ‘in’ or have we moved to just skinny-skinny and boyfriend-y?)
- net-a-porter: Malene Birger grape cotton cardi with giant white beaded buttons; Pedro Garcia nude knotted leather sandals
- Bluefly: Jimmy Choo platinum peep-toe platform slingback
- JCrew: lemonade ruffle front cardi, bright citron slub silk cocktail dress, black and lemonade t-shirts, various silky little shells for layering
- eLuxury: Robert Rodriguez emerald lace dress
- Nordstrom: Marc Jacobs safey pin clutch (was NOT on sale, but IS abs adorables . . .)
- GAP: light grey capris (formerly the capri was category banned from the Debtonaire closet, but apparently can be worn with very high heels to avoid leg stumpiness!)
Few missteps were made along the way and will be returned: army green cargo harem pants (look so cute on freeze-framed 15-year-old, 5’11”, size 2 model, bad idea for me); and voluminous blousy top 3.1 Philip Lim (looks like too short beige old-timey nightgown – very Little House on the Prairie).
Sidebar: after several years of banker black and sensible beige/grey/navy, the purchase of such colorful printed items have the unintended side effect of making me want to stick my head in the bleach bucket . . . More later on integration of said items into closet.